Announcing the Virginia Chapter of Construction Angels
Construction Angels is an approved IRS 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Public Charity with the mission of responding to construction families in need of assistance when the unthinkable happens as a result of a work related accident. Construction Angels aids families in need of financial assistance when a construction employee has lost his/her life in an on-the-job accident. Many times when there is a loss, there are little to no short-term funds available to the family to accommodate those left behind. CA’s objective is to help families pick up the pieces. CA can provide financial assistance for the surviving spouse and/or children 19 and under and assist in family member grief counseling services.
Headquartered in Florida and founded in 2011 , Construction Angels has chapters in 11 (with Virginia soon to be 12) states: Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland/DC, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, South Da-kota, and Wyoming. Every day there are 13 construction fatalities in the U.S. and 4745 a year based on 222 work days. Using OSHA statistics, Virginia had 52 construction deaths in the past two years.
How Does It Work?
- Funds raised for the Virginia Chapter of Construction Angels are used for Virginia’s families of fallen construction workers. The assistance available is based on a formula of individual state’s OSHA statistics and the funds raised and available in each Chapter’s fund.
- The Human Resource Department of the company of the fallen construction worker or their family contact the Construction Angels Headquarters. Their trained volunteers will assist them through the process and assist in setting up grief counseling services.
- Construction Angels services are designed to provide an integrated approach to support quality of life for family members whose household suffered the misfortune of a loss.
What Can You Do?
- Spread the word around the state to any construction related organization by forwarding this flyer!
- Does your company/organization host a fundraising event? If so, consider Construction Angels as the beneficiary.
- If you are interested in helping to move Construction Angels forward in Virginia please contact me to be added to the email list for updates: email@example.com
- Donate now, designating the funds for the Virginia Chapter. Use the “add special instructions to the seller box” to note donation to the Virginia Chapter. Or mail a check to the address below, noting: “Virginia Chapter” in memo.
Construction Angels, Inc.
c/o Virginia Chapter
3640-B. N. Federal Hwy, Suite 132
Lighthouse Point, FL 33064
“Construction Angels Respond to Construction Families in Need of Assistance When a Disaster Happens”
Construction Angels, Inc.