Digging and Building in Central Virginia for 55 Years
The RICHMOND AREA MUNICIPAL CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION was formed in 1964 to:
- Represent its members in matters affecting the heavy and utility construction industry.
- Provide a forum for social contact and networking.
- Provide education and training for members and the community.
- Provide information about industry issues to its members.
- Enhance the business environment for the heavy and utility contracting industry.
RAMCA members may be individuals, partnerships or corporations as:
- Contractor Members consisting of individuals, partnerships, and corporations performing work in the city of Richmond, Virginia, and the surrounding metropolitan area. The word work is defined as grading, paving, concrete, gas, water, and sewer construction, land clearing and such other construction as may be incidental to the installation of public and private utilities and road construction.
- Associate Members are business or professionals capable of furnishing services, equipment, materials and other supplies to the contractor members.
RAMCA represents its member company's interests at the city, county and state level and also employs a lobbyist during each session of the Virginia General Assembly. RAMCA represents the excavating community on the State Corporation Commission's Damage Prevention Advisory Committee.
Throughout the year RAMCA Executives monitor and work with state agencies, including VDOT, the State Board for Contractors (DPOR) and the State Corporation Commission to influence regulations potentially impacting RAMCA member companies. RAMCA Executives attend meetings and conferences on behalf of members and communicate important information regarding future design and construction projects throughout Virginia, industry trends, workforce development opportunities, and training opportunities.
RAMCA offers monthly opportunities for networking and training including:
- Networking Socials with no formal agenda
- First Aid/CPR Training and Certification
- Monthly ESCCC (Erosion and Sediment Control Contractors Certification) Training Classes – typically the third Thursday of every month
- VDOT Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Work Zone Training and Certification
- March Dinner Meeting with a report by our Lobbyist Team highlighting the just concluded General Assembly Session
- Annual Installation of Officers and Legislator's Reception
- George Bickerstaff Annual Spring Golf Tournament
- Jack Bargamin Annual Fall Golf Outing
- September Associate Showcase Dinner Meeting and Networking
- November Annual Business Meeting